Best Outdoor Movie Night Ideas To Try In Your Backyards: On holiday or vacations, you are planning to enjoy the most. If you are not planning to go outside or any kind of trip, and planning for a family time, then outdoor movie night is the best idea for enjoying your holidays. Like a small party, invite your relatives or friends, arrange some snacks and enjoy the movie in a great environment. You are going to the cinema hall, buy a ticket with a price to enjoy the movie with the environment. So you can create the same environment at your place in the backyard. That can be permanent or temporary. The outdoor movie night ideas will sweep your family and friends into the cinematic experience.
An outdoor movie night can be as simple and delightful or can be like improvidence as you want to make it. Here are some general ideas for your perfect movie night. If you are want to be your family only then all the points are not necessary for you. You can make it as simple as that.
Things to Consider for Best Outdoor Movie Night Ideas:
First, you select suitable place surroundings at your home. For the only family, you can pick a backyard, front yard, rooftop, open balcony, etc. And for friends or gatherings, you can select your garden area, small field, etc., at your comfort level.
For a good movie, you need a good screen. A screen affects your whole movie time. This is the most important part of the plans.
- You can use your clear whitewall or garage door or a white sheet or clothes to hang a wall or board. Also, use a whiteboard. But remember, whatever you choose, that will be plain and clear.
- You can check at your neighbors’ and friend’s places.
- If you don’t have any money issues, then you can purchase outdoor movie screens, which are available at a shop and online shop also.
- If you’re not up for buying one, you would like to try a DIY version made from canvas.
Without a projector, we cannot display a movie on a screen. Who are regular in outdoor movie ideas, they have a projector also. If you have, then it’s great otherwise-
- You can borrow from your friends or neighbors. Some libraries also rent them out for a small daily fee.
- For those of you that may want to watch more than one movie outside this season, it makes sense to consider buying your projector. Outdoor projectors are available for a wide range of budgets. Do your research, and you are sure to find one right for you.
- Some people are trying to make a homemade projector with a shoe-box, magnifying glass, and a smartphone, and some household items.
Step 1: First, cover any holes in that box to prevent any light from leaving or entering. Cover all the holes and sides, so no light steeps out.
Step 2: Find the center of the box and marking it. Put the magnifying glass on the box and trace around and cut out the circle with a knife very cleanly. Then cut some holes for the speaker and charging cord.
Step 3: Now line up the magnifying glass and push it on the hole, then glue on it. Then draw some straight lines to know where to put the phone. And build a stand for a smartphone.
Step 4: Now turned it on to show the picture and turn the lights off to see the screen better, and adjust your phone until getting a clear picture.
Now another important part of this plan is sound. Watching a nice movie sound quality is a very important fact along with the screen. So for a better quality of sound, use the home theater, stereo amplifier, big speakers, boombox with auxiliary outputs. This is a very sensitive part also, so plug them very carefully. Make sure to test them out before the night of your movie.
5. Super seating
Providing comfortable seating thanking you after a night of movie watching. To create a movie experience magic, check the variety of seating options.
- Chairs: Move out the lawn chairs, sofa, or if you already have comfortable outdoor seating, use it. Make sure everyone’s soft.
- Blankets: Gather some large comfortable blankets and lay them down. Top the blankets with over-sized cushions and pillows. Provide some throws in case your guests get a little chilly.
- DIY Theater Seats: If you are love to do DIY, then you can make seats like a movie theater at your home.
- Step 1: Get some plywoods and cut them out in pieces of the same size and tiny bigger than the size of your cushions. For every seat, need two boards.
- Step 2: Then attach the two boards using hinges. Screwed them onto the inside of the bottom. These get pushed into the ground to make sure the seat doesn’t move when you lean back on it. Then paint on your style.
To not interrupt anyone the movie night, let your neighbors know or invite them to the fun. And enjoy the big outdoor movie night parties. To spice it and make special make little and simple invitations card and invite them. Then you will not be worried about them interrupting the movie night.
During the movie night, I also want to have a little bit of light. This will make it easier for guests to get up and refill snacks without tripping on people. You can use landscape lighting to light up. This creates a gorgeous aesthetic effect. Otherwise, use white Christmas bulbs or decorative mini lanterns, glass solar stake lights, paper- lantern pendant lighting over strategic areas. Provide enough light for guests to make their way around without distracting from the movie.
To make extra delightful movie nights do some decorations. On the seating area, use colorful cushions, sheets. Decorate the backyard with balloons, lights, paper flowers, mini lanterns, etc., which made it look aesthetic. Keep a board with the movie name, make an arrow to point the seats to your guests. If you are planning to a big group movie night, then make some ticket roll or grab your nearest party store and also serial your seats.
Use your movie as inspiration and place objects, designs, and food that relate to the movie round the yard, tables, and seats. Decorate also the yard or ground on a movie theme. Also, decors the food area, keep drinks and snacks department apart, and mention the stall name. You can hang the board with a menu on the respective stall. Create some space for kids and keep some toys also.
The safety of your guest is in your hands. Because of outdoor plans, check the bugs. You can use citronella candles, which are eco-friendly. This will serve a dual purpose of ambient lighting and keeping pesky mosquitoes at bay. This is available in an online shop.
10. Movie Selection
An entertaining movie choice can make or break your movie night. There are a few things to keep in mind when you are choosing a movie for your outdoor movie night. First, think of your audience. A movie that you choose to show to adults will be different from one with families and kids. However, keep in mind that whether you are showing it to just adults or not, your movie should be family-friendly.
There are many great movie options available. Think about classics, foreign, childhood, and family movies that are both appropriate and entertaining for your crowd. If you search on Google, you’ll find great family movies like The Lion King, Harry Potter, Star Wars, The Goonies, Mary Poppins, Home Alone, Frozen, Finding Nemo, Inside Out, The Sound of Music, Beauty and The Beast, DespicableMe, Moana, Annie, The Jungle book and so on.
Outdoor movie ideas are not complete without drinks and snacks. As told before, you can put some stalls. Keep drinks in a large amount. In a menu, keep soft drinks, lemonade, Juice for kids, sodas, shakes, mojito, fruit beer, etc. And keep some mini water bottles for sure if you want to add ice-cream or snow cones to the menu.
On a movie night, we watch more than one movie. So in the meantime, we can also hungry so keep some snacks for break time. Movie time is not perfect without popcorn. So keep a popcorn machine and small boxes. You can rent, borrow, or buy a popcorn machine. Popcorn is the best part of watching the movie, so keep different types of the flavor of popcorn. Along with popcorn, add chocolates, candies, chips, cookies, etc., on the menu. For heavy snacks, add BBQ, nuggets, Fries, wings, momos, sandwiches, pizza, and so on.
Read more about the Best outdoor fire pit ideas.
Conclusion: Best Outdoor Movie Night Ideas?
With all these ideas you can create your ideas. And that will be the ultimate outdoor movie parties. We have given ideas that will create a night of cinematic magic in the open air of your backyard. Whenever you want to enjoy a simple holiday you can go with your outdoor home theater and enjoy yourself with your family and friends.